The latest stock market, financial and business news
Read the latest stock market, financial and business news provided by MarketWatch.
- Crypto: Cryptos bounce back after Friday’s China-fueled selloff as investors ‘buy the dip’on September 27, 2021 at 10:08 pm
Cryptos stage a solid recovery following Friday's slump, when China declared all crypto-related transactions illegal in the country, intensifying its crackdown on digital assets.
- The Margin: FBI reports a record 30% rise in homicides in 2020on September 27, 2021 at 9:22 pm
The spike in killings is the largest year-over-year increase on record.
- The Wall Street Journal: Fed chief Jerome Powell to warn Congress inflation is elevated but likely to moderateon September 27, 2021 at 9:16 pm
Inflation is likely to stay high in the coming months before moderating, Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell is set to tell Congress at a hearing on Tuesday morning.
- : Endeavor is buying into sports betting, and the stock is winningon September 27, 2021 at 9:10 pm
Endeavor, parent company of the William Morris and IMG agencies as well as UFC, announced Monday afternoon that it has agreed to pay $1.2 billion for OpenBet, a division of Scientific Games Corp. that provides platforms for regulated sports-betting apps.
- What's Worth Streaming: Here’s what’s new to Amazon Prime Video in October 2021on September 27, 2021 at 9:06 pm
Prepare for Halloween horror, with new series 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' and a slate of original Blumhouse movies
- FA Center: Why stocks could lose popularity as the market’s ‘presidential election cycle’ enters its second yearon September 27, 2021 at 9:02 pm
Stock returns typically weaken in the second year of a U.S. president's four-year term.
- NewsWatch: Bank stocks are cheap — here are the 20 best players in the industryon September 27, 2021 at 9:00 pm
Bank stocks have soared during 2021, but are still trading lower than usual to the market as a whole.
- The Tell: Why investors should buy the dip in copper over the next 3 months amid a commodity ‘supercycle’on September 27, 2021 at 8:59 pm
Investors should buy the dip in copper over the next three months to benefit from a 'supercycle' for the industrial metal that will be driven by decarbonization trends, according to Citigroup.