The latest stock market, financial and business news
Read the latest stock market, financial and business news provided by MarketWatch.
- Earnings Results: Michael Kors parent Capri’s stock crushed after company swings to fourth-quarter losson May 31, 2023 at 4:50 pm
Capri Holdings Ltd.'s stock fell 4.5% Wednesday, after the Michael Kors parent swung to a loss in its fiscal fourth-quarter.
- : Intel exec says the AI rush isn’t denting its business, and instead brings ‘a lot of opportunity’on May 31, 2023 at 4:44 pm
"We're not seeing any near-term weakness associated with any sort of upside from GPUs," Intel's CFO said Wednesday.
- : Franklin Templeton buying Putnam Investments from Great-West Lifecoon May 31, 2023 at 4:41 pm
It's a $925 million deal and will help Franklin Templeton expand its business managing defined contribution assets such as 401(K)s.
- : ‘We are experiencing the joy and the challenges of this journey’: Caregiving advocate Rosalynn Carter has dementiaon May 31, 2023 at 4:29 pm
Carter, 95, was diagnosed with dementia and remains at home with former President Jimmy Carter, 98, who has been receiving hospice care since early this year.
- Movers & Shakers: Twilio’s stock surges while Advance Auto Parts shares melt down — and more stock-market moverson May 31, 2023 at 4:06 pm
The biggest gainers in Wednesday trading were Twilio and Intel.
- Brett Arends's ROI: There’s a clause in the debt-ceiling deal that means bad news for Social Securityon May 31, 2023 at 4:01 pm
If there were no tax cheats in America, there would be no Social Security crisis. But there are, and there is.
- Retire Better: Older women are about to inherit a gusher of cashon May 31, 2023 at 3:56 pm
Single women are about to take control of assets that have largely been handled by men.
- Market Snapshot: Dow falls 250 points after job openings data as debt-ceiling vote looms in Congresson May 31, 2023 at 3:52 pm
U.S. stocks fell Wednesday as investors wait for a vote in Congress on raising the federal debt ceiling, while data showed that job openings in the U.S. climbed in April to a three-month high increasing the chance of another interest rate rise by the Federal Reserve.