The latest stock market, financial and business news
Read the latest stock market, financial and business news provided by MarketWatch.
- : DeVos appointee who oversaw America’s student-loan portfolio resigns as Biden education secretary pledges to ease student-debt burdenon March 6, 2021 at 5:46 am
Mark Brown's resignation came after calls for new leadership from Senator Elizabeth Warren and borrower advocates.
- : Student loan servicer Navient illegally deceived borrowers, judge findson March 6, 2021 at 5:24 am
Borrowers and their parents and grandparents were among those who suffered when Navient violated a state consumer protection law, the court ruled.
- The Moneyist: ‘Warren Buffett and Harry Potter couldn’t get those two retired early’: When financial advisers can’t make their clients see the lighton March 6, 2021 at 5:21 am
‘We put our spendthrift neighbors in touch with our financial adviser. They called her lousy. So how come WE are the ones who retired early?’
- The Moneyist: ‘What the hell!’ I’m 28, have no debt, a 401(k), Roth IRA and $45K in cash. Should I save for a house or buy a Tesla Model 3?on March 6, 2021 at 5:20 am
‘I believe I can buy the car and strap down, and save more aggressively to replenish the funds.’
- The Big Move: My in-laws are underwater on their mortgage and their home is in disrepair. Should they just walk away and move in with us?on March 6, 2021 at 3:53 am
'My husband feels that walking away and them taking the credit hit of foreclosure is the best option.'
- The Moneyist: My husband and his brother inherited a property. Our son moved in. We paid $60K in taxes and repairs. Do we split it 50/50?on March 6, 2021 at 3:33 am
‘The house is probably 90 years old, and needed quite a lot of work before they could move in.’
- TaxWatch: ‘This is pure politics’: Fewer Americans will get a stimulus check this time around — here’s how many people will get oneon March 6, 2021 at 3:33 am
Will the people who need the money the most get it under President Joe Biden’s proposed third round of stimulus checks?
- : Is the U.S returning to normal? Millions of Americans, still hurting from COVID-19, say their finances will take years to recoveron March 6, 2021 at 3:32 am
'There’s a very clear divide based on income in terms of how people are experiencing this.'